Important Announcement

All Norah'S Art, my Ning classroom network will be closing July 29, 2015.

Registration is closed for all classes.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Blessed



Nearly everyone was on their way home and I felt extremely blessed to have a couple of extra days at the convent in Orvieto . I passed this painting in the hallway about a gillion times.  Now it was quiet and I stood with it and sketched in my 2010 journal. 

I don't really know if it is a sketch or print as it is behind glass and unsigned. I really liked the monochromatic tones and so when I took my sketch to the studio, I was inspired to try my best to keep the tones as close to sepia and gold as I could.  This is one of my favorites. 

There is much more that I could share from Orvieto but I will call this my last installment. Probably. Maybe. Will see. 

13 comments:

  1. GASPING at the beauty! don't make it your last. i am loving these stories "lingering in the convent" ahhhh...to hear others relish their time is fullfilling in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I absolutely LOVE it that you are a "ghost" image in some of your photographs. The reflection from the glass gives it an ethereal feeling....especially the angel images. I about swooned with envy when I read about you sitting outside and listening to the monks sing. What an awesome memory to cherish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no... not your last. I have loved them all - loved each image you shared. I love this one too. Everyday I walked past her and she caught my attention! You captured her beautifully!

    Much love my friend
    Love Jeanne-Marie
    PS - I sent you a message on Esty - not sure if you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your writing and your beautiful painting, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is one of my favorites, too, though I love them all! She is so beautifully interpreted by you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have outdone yourself with this one Sharon. Oh, those eyes! Have to say, I like your rendition the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been absent alot from commenting, so much going on at our house. But just had to stop and say how beautiful this is and how much I love all your work. When the remodel is done, I hope to settle into seeing all that you do. Hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's beautiful, Sharon. I like the colors that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work Sharon. I really like the color palette you used. Different from your usual but lovely indeed.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  10. sharon, wow... i've been wandering around, gazing a recent paintings, and i am smitten with *everything*. and those postcards!! truly, words escape me. beautiful, soulful faces you're painting...

    xoxo

    lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. So wonderful Sharon, It's so great to see your work here! Have a beautiful Thanksgiving! Hugs, Stephani

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post,beautiful photo,and sketch.
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Norah! I really love your art style :)

    ReplyDelete