On my last trip to Italy and with the Chef's permission,
I collected a dead head (seed pod) from his garden.
I don't remember if I even knew what the plant was but that doesn't matter.
I stashed it among my art supplies labeled and wrapped in this napkin.
|Planted on June 12th.|
I didn't have a clue what part was the actual seed so I planted all of it.
On June 23 the first seedling popped up.
I would have never guessed that part to be the seed.
I was so happy that I had at least one plant.
Then, after ignoring it for a few days I went out July 5th and jumped with joy when I found 11 seeds had germinated.
Today, July 12th I transplanted six seedlings. I count 21 more left in the pot. Before I thin out more, I'm going to see how these do.
I'm very excited and holding my breath that I can grow these.
PS: The photo of the first seedling with the seed cap still attached was taken with my iphone and a Macro Cell Lens Band.
It is pretty cool!