SHARING MY GARDEN CHORES, PROJECTS and DOCUMENTING GROWTH AND BLOOMS
I have been busy this week outside and inside even though we have finally received 100ºF+ days.
I go out very early to beat the heat but still come in a hot sweaty mess.
Creatures in my Garden
This beautiful creature stopped by while I was working on the greenhouse project.
He kept coming back until I got a decent picture.
The wings are almost invisible....
This creature follows me everywhere.
Old Garden Projects
I finished the greenhouse patio project.
It's not really a patio but I like to call it that.
It's time to move the mint to the shade.
|the tree where the poison ivy and day lilies were|
Not quiet finished with this bed.
Still need to replant the oxalis and add mulch.
I never promised no more morning glory pics.
I knew you would want to see this.
I don't know how this happens.
Two New Garden Projects
This week's new project is a wildlife wall that I am adding to a corner of the compost area.
This is just the beginning and the photo below is my inspiration.
I doubt that mine will be this elaborate.
I love it even if the beneficial insects such as ladybugs, ground beetles and various solitary bees don't show up.
I see mason bees doing the pollinating in my garden and I want to give them a home.
If you want a more simple bee hotel, check out this link.
I have added a "Garden Stuff" board on my Pinterest where there are other examples.
New Project Number Two
Here is a "before".
I confess, I used chemicals to kill this bind weed and bermuda grass.
There is just no other way to get control.
This is the before view from the other end of this very narrow bed between wall and sidewalk.
I'm preparing this little spot for a kitchen herb garden.
Here is progress for Thursday morning's efforts.
Work in progress from this end.
A bit of my design vision is shown here.
I should have this finished by the next garden update.
My kitchen sink is just inside this corner.
Garden Palace Floor Cloth
I'm finally working on one of the Garden Palace floor cloths.
Even though I started studying and experimenting here, I refrained from starting the real thing until now.
The floor is still not ready to receive the cloth so I waited until the hot days of summer when I knew I would not want to be outside.
This floor cloth is for the Morning Glory Room where my mustard yellow studio chairs will go home to.
Not until I added the black rectangles was I warming up to my design.
My design vision includes the fact that the four yellow chairs will be sitting on this rug surrounding a beautiful (another project) table.
At one end is a beautiful blue morning glory stained glass window.
The cloth is 5' X 9.5' and I can only work on it a section at a time.
I work from end to end, moving it from and off of each side of the table.
You may notice a stencil that I cut in one of the above photos.
However, I never intended to use stencils on the floors because I had stenciled the walls.
I always knew this but I kept hearing a voice that I would never be able to paint a border of morning glories to my own satisfaction.
Finally yesterday, I came to my senses and realized that I would use a charcoal stick to sketch and then paint.
After all, it's just paint.