Although this side of this door opening which separates the parlor from the middle room was never faced out, I do think there might have been a door on hinges before I rescued this little palace from being used for hay storage.
Last October, I added these old porch post and a shelf across the top for a more finished look.
Last week when we got a few days reprieve from the Texas heat of August, I was excited to go over and work on a project.
After first painting the post white, I tried this yellow.
It was just wrong.
I could not live with it.
The next day I went over and gave them another coat of white.
You can't see so much in this picture but I realized the white and gray diamond pattern on the floor cloth is what pulled it all together.
Little by little I am getting there.
I have another finished project to share later this week.