Important Announcement

All Norah'S Art, my Ning classroom network will be closing July 29, 2015.

Registration for the classes will end on Monday June 29, 2015

Sunday, December 23, 2012

the moment you doubt

 I just love when one thing leads to another.
The day I discovered this quote by J M Barrie, the author of Peter Pan, I also discovered this by Tricia Scott.
 Things didn't stew too long before I was pulling out supplies.
First, I found a set of alpha stamps that was a good size.  
 Second, I needed a canvas and just as Tricia did, I found a prepped canvas that had been relegated to the corner for oh.... about a year or so. 
Time to let it go.
I had some scraps of sticky back paper left from printing DVD labels and you know we (you and I) cannot throw away anything we might need later.
I needed it. 
I stamped the letters for the quote on the sticky back paper and cut them out. 
I had to audition (above) the quote on the canvas to be sure it would fit. 
 Then black gesso right over that sketch.
I used a fine sandpaper to expose the texture. 
I mean, what's the point of having collage under it.
 Here, in the chair zone, the quote is applied to the canvas.
I remembered that I had ordered some new paint I thought would be perfect.
So, I had to wait for it.
The color I used was Victorian Grey and it looks great.
 I applied a very loose layer. After it dried, I sanded it back a little to grunge it up a bit. 
When I removed the letters, the sticky back pulled up a bit of the black gesso. 
I could have touched it up with the black, but you know me.
I color!






Use Code: WINTER
for discount

5 comments:

  1. great... I like it..
    Ik wens jullie gezegende feestdagen vanuit Nederland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never doubted once that you could fly. Merry Christmas! xoxox kris-10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Norah, this is fabulous. Great idea. I love the size of your stamps (font). could you possibly tell me who makes this stamp? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing. such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me, make me smile and I never miss a one. And I just want to say Thank You for that.

Now that I can "reply" to your comment here, I will try to do that. You can "subscribe by email" by clicking on the link under the comment box on the right.