Before I share with you more about collage, I want to thank all of you you for the at-a-girl about my last collage painting. You have no idea how your words feed me, warm me, and make me smile.
I'll be brief now:
1. I don't like the time spent trying to decide what collage papers I should glue down.
2. For that matter, I don't like the time spent collecting collage papers.
3. I know there should be a certain amount of spontaneity.
4. If you don't have interesting collage papers, you can't make an interesting collage.
5. I'm not crazy about the mess of papers.
6. I like the painting part and once I get the paint brush in my hand, all the uncomfortable stuff goes away.
So, after all that, I think the most important thing is having a nice mix of interesting collage papers.