Sunday, June 18, 2006

Book of Dreams...Fusing with Found Objects

Week 8...Part One I have been wanting to try this technique so I was excited about this weeks challenge. I found a little handkerchief to use for the background and cut part of a second one used above the frog. I found some little silk flowers and added beads to the center after fusing. I used a little swatch of fabric and a torn piece of a printed page. I am a little disappointed that the frog doesn't show a little better. This will take experience with the three different polymer media used. Of course, I did a little freestyle sewing after fusing and as always can't help but pick up the paint brush to add a little. I'm OK with it for the first try with this technique. I Will definitely do this again.
I will do Week 8 Part Two a little later. But first, I need to bless this house and especially the floors.
ArtsyMama has posted her complete book here.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this:) Love how you just took off with this technique. VERY creative and unique. I'm lovin' your work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this technique yet, but I hope I can get to it this week. I love how this page of yours turned out. By the way, thanks for the nice comments on my blog....and you are more than welcome to use the "Let your dreams soar" quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. blown away by this. amazing. nifty blog too! great pics. lots of dreams fulfilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! Love your BOD pages.. You are so good at this! A true artist...

    :o)

    ReplyDelete